“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of
power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
II Timothy 1:7
Sunday, March 22nd, 2020 quick update
Good morning and happy Lord’s day!
TABERNACLE IS READY TO LIVESTREAM!
After many hours and lots of learning, Tabernacle is ready to livestream! And this time not through a cell phone!
I can’t wait to share the story of how it all came together tomorrow. I must say, I am very excited. We now have an excellent setup that cost around $100. Nope, I did not miss a zero. About $100. What a blessing!
LINKS TO JOIN THE LIVESTREAM TOMORROW
TO JOIN ON THE WEBSITE:
TO JOIN ON FACEBOOK
TO JOIN ON YOUTUBE
See you soon!
Thursday, March 19th, 2020 update
First, consider II Timothy 1:7: For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. The same Holy Spirit referenced in this verse still dwells in believers today.
Second, Joseph told his brothers in Genesis 50:20, But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive. All throughout scripture God has worked through natural disasters and national challenges. Let us as believers have peace in knowing God is doing something “bigger than us,” and also pray to see the light of Christ expanded into our communities during this time.
There are four ways to receive updates:
- Right here at TabernacleBaptist.Church/Updates (scroll to the bottom of this page to receive these updates in email form).
- Facebook – Facebook.com/tbcca
- Thomas’ personal Twitter – Twitter.com/ThomasJCee
- Email – If you’re reading this as an email, you’re already signed up. If you found this information elsewhere, scroll to the bottom of TabernacleBaptist.Church/Updates and subscribe to the “COVID-19 Updates.”
Tabernacle Baptist Church is following the guidelines put forth by the White House staff, while also monitoring the CDC and Contra Costa Health Services for instructions specific to our area.
Church is not stopping! But meeting together on the property is temporarily paused. The current health guidelines requested by both the White House and our local Contra Costa County currently ask for no more than 10 people together. Last Sunday the recommendation was 50 which we easily satisfied by combining live streaming and on-property.
This Sunday, it will be all live streaming and no on-property.
How to be a part of the live stream on Sunday
- Right here at TabernacleBaptist.Church/Live!
- Additionally, it will be simultaneously streamed at Facebook.com/tbcca
- The stream will go live at 10:30am for Morning Worship and 5:55pm for Evening Worship.
- Get your snacks, cozy blankets, Bibles and pens and be ready to Worship and study together.
- I would encourage all of us to pause the news and social media distractions, and let our hearts be just as prepared for this Sunday as we meet together through technology, as we would any other Sunday where we meet in person.
- Tabernacle has a YouTube channel now. Please subscribe! It does not have any content yet, but all future sermon storage will be on both the website and YouTube.
- Tabernacle also has a presence on,
My personal thoughts
- Don’t fear – II Timothy 1:7
- Be praying that God will work in a great way through this – Genesis 50:20
- And Romans 13:1, Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. 2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
The health officials are doing their absolute best to contain this. Let’s do everything we can to stay within those issued guidelines and speed up this process of getting back to normal!
Tabernacle members and regular attenders, you should have received your caregroup note from your deacon. Feel free to contact your caregroup leader, Bible Study Group leader, or myself. We will do everything we can to coordinate any help that may be needed, or help just talk some things through if that would help. If you’re a recent attender and have not yet joined (What are you waiting for!?), contact me if any needs arise. I will do my best to coordinate.
Now more than ever is the time for us to remain socially connected! Thanks to technology, that is easier now than ever before in history.
9:45am Bible Study Groups
Click here to find a group
10:45am Morning Worship
4:00pm Spanish Worship
6:00pm Evening Worship
7:00pm Bible Study and Prayer